FONDRIEST TF2 1.5 ULTEGRA (Large)
FONDRIEST TF2 1.5 ULTEGRA
*note pic pictured is with Di2 (actual specification is mechanical).
The TF2 1.5 frame is at the forefront of structural carbon fibre design. In the past, TF2 was made from bonded tube sections. The new TF2 1.5 uses the in-house developed Carbon Boomerang UD Technology where we create separate monocoque front and rear elements and then mould them together with our proprietary resins.
We use high quality Toray carbon on TF2 1.5 with a tensile strength of 50 Tons. This carbon gives excellent level of stiffness while the special design of the Anti Shock seat stays provides adequate level of road shock absorption.
KEY TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- Toray 50 Tons of tensile strength uni-directional carbon frame and fork
- Innovative Boomerang assembly technology
- Suitable for either mechanical or electronic groupsets
- The Reflex fork combined with the Tapered Head tube provide a high level of torsional stiffness
- Integrated cables system allows ideal suspension of the cables with no internal tubes to create additional friction
- Semi-integrated seat post
- Integrated seat clamp keeps the shape of the frame but allows height adjustment
- Monolithic bottom bracket shell has moved the bonding zones to where there is less stress
- Carbon dropouts with alloy components prevent the quick release from clamping directly onto the carbon frame.